Saturday, May 6, 2017

May- 123- 'Family'

May's 123 challenge is 1.Teal 2.Family 3.Stenciling. I chose a photo from 2008 of my Great Aunt Rita's 80th birthday. I think it is a beautiful photo her, my mum and my Aunty Julie. Rita never having had kids and my Grandma (her sister, my mum and aunts mum) passing away the year before, so it was lovely that mum and Aunty Julie took her to the Gold Coast to for her birthday. 


I used a pack from Scrapbook Fantasies that I've had for a few years but never used because I loved it so much and was saving it for something special. I'm glad I saved it as in the past I would have used the paper in whole shapes and wouldn't have fussy cut and die cut like I have done now, which I think has done the beautiful paper justice. 

Here are some close ups and explanation about how I met the challenge. 

1. Teal- this pack had the most beautiful teal paper and was just perfect for this challenge. I did lots of fussy cutting of the flowers in the paper. Next I used my new die set of nesting flowers and balling tool to make some feature picies and then my new liquid glitter :) 

2. Family- I die cut out this word, it holds meaning for what the photo represents. 

3. Stenciling- I used my Versa Mark ink through my KaiserCraft rose stencil then applied my silver embossing powder and heat set it. I am sooo pleased with the result. 


Here is the mood board if your inspired and would like to enter before the end of the month. 


5 comments:

  1. What a special photo for your lovely layout, I love that you explained each feature on your layout.. It looks so lovely.. thanks for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work – this is such a lovely page. The colours are perfect together. Thank you so much for joining in with 123 Challenge Blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great that you took the time for the trip away. We never know what lies ahead. This makes the page more special. It is also great to find paper that you have had in your stash for a while and it fits the challenge perfectly. Really lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page and photo. Also what a beautiful thing to do for her birthday. Thanks for for joining in with us at 123 Challenge Blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout Peg and I love your stencilled and embossed flower, thank you for being a part of the 123 Challenge in May

    ReplyDelete