Saturday, March 10, 2018

Asian Inspired Art Journal Layout freaturing Faber Castell Gelatos and Big Brush Pens- 'A beautiful life is a simple life'

Inspired by my upcoming trip to Japan I created this  quick, easy and simple layout. 


I started with a partly painted page that I had discarded. I sponged on white gesso (Golden) and let dry. Then I added Cotton Candy Faber Castell Gelato and used a baby wipe to smooth and blend, let this dry. Next I used Shadow Grey and Watering Can Archival Ink to stamp on asian script. I used Archival Ink because it dries permanent and won't move when other mediums and applied over the top. After that I drew the tree branch on in pencil (this terrified me) and used Chocolate Gelato which I smoothed and blended with a paint brush and water, let dry. I sealed the tree with gel medium  (Anna Griffin/Couture Creations Texture Paste Matt Finish) so that I could use and manipulate my Faber Castell Big Brush Pens. I also used gel medium to apply the saying, I covered it front and back so I could manipulate Big Brush Pens. Once the gel medium dried I used Nougat 178 Big Brush Pen to boarder the tree branch and Magenta 133 Big Brush Pen to boarder the saying, as I went I wet my finger with a baby wipe and blended/smoothed the line. Lastly I punched out little flowers and attached them with gel medium. 

This page was easy, enjoyable and relaxing to create. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy creating. 

Peg 


No comments:

Post a Comment